Thursday, September 29, 2011

Update #3 and Instructions for Transfer

I just spoke to the embryologist, whom I will affectionately call "Deidra".  It is, after all, her name.

At a little less than 72 hours out from fertilization, we have:

Three 10-cell
Two 8-cell
Three 7-cell (one of those showing no change from yesterday)
One 6-cell
One polynucleated (too much DNA) - discarded.

Five of them are looking "good".  Four of them are showing 15% or more fragmentation and are "not as good".

*sigh*  I knew that yesterday's high was bound to be stifled a little. Each day, as Deidra said, you are expected to see a drop off. It's the natural progression of things.  As long as we have some good quality blasts for transfer on Saturday, there is nothing to be disappointed in.  Yet, *sigh*.  I just want it to work this time. 

We are to come in at 8:45 on Saturday and transfer is scheduled for 9:00.  I won't be getting any updates tomorrow as they leave the embabies alone on day 4 and won't look at them again until the morning of transfer.

We spoke briefly about the possibility of transferring three.  She said that having a failed IVF cycle before puts us as candidates, but it's a double-edge sword.  If we have two beautiful blasts on Saturday, it will be a hard sell to get Dr. Awesome RE to transfer three.  If they are just average, he would probably be agreeable. That's what we don't want, though, is "average" blasts. We want beautiful.

I hope it's only two, then.

I will update here after transfer.  Please say a little prayer.  <3

3 comments:

  1. Head up hun...those lil babes will keep growing strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying for two beautiful blasts all ready to move in to their new home on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Im praying for you!! I had no idea you were trying again bc i didnt have the right blog address. I will be reading. Sending lots of love your way!!!

    ReplyDelete