Monday, September 26, 2011

The Retrieval

So, I was negligent in updating my blog after Friday's ultrasound and E2.  We were pretty sure we were going to go for retrieval yesterday (Sunday). It all hinged on my progesterone level.  If it was elevated above 1.5, he was going to retrieve on Sunday. If not, he wanted to stim me one more day in hopes of getting better quality eggs at retrieval. My progesterone was only 1.23.  So, we stimmed Friday, triggered Saturday and did retrieval today.

My retrieval went well. I am a little sorer than I was last time, but as far as nerves are concerned, there were none. DH and I both felt more at ease this time around. No surprises. As the record comes to a screeching halt....

We got 14 eggs!! After being told all week that I had only nine, we got FOURTEEN!! Woo hoo, right?? Wrong! Read on...

I called my fertility clinic this afternoon to get my final E2 from Saturday's bloodwork.  The nurse I spoke to said that as of Saturday, before trigger, my E2 was 3125. That is 1000 more than what my estrogen was at the same time last cycle.  I got so excited telling her that with one less egg, my estrogen was so much higher.  She then informed me that we actually had 15!!  They "found" one more after we left.  How is that even possible?!

I don't know! But we have babies down the road and I can't wait to get the report tomorrow on how they are doing!! <3

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on a great retrieval!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great news!!! Grow embies, grow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear that it went well! Now rest up and I can't wait to hear the fert report tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete