Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Of All the Things I've Lost....I Miss My Mind the Most

This head cold/sinus infection has led to brain rot.

I can't really function all that well...or make a burrito for that matter. Sorry if this post makes less than good sense.

Sleep has eluded me for three nights now. I walk around all day like a zombie, but when it comes time for bed, I am wide awake.  Not like wide awake and functioning. Mainly just sitting and staring.  With wide eyes.  Like a deer caught in the headlights. (Except that no 18-wheeler subsequently blasts me into oblivion.)

I tried to help DH make burritos last night. Yes, I said "tried".  The first one went so-so, but the second one stopped cooperating (like it had a mind of its own) and I ended up kind of sort of throwing it across the kitchen.  Yeah. That happened.  The dog was in h-e-a-v-e-n, but DH was not impressed.  In fact, he put me in time-out.  Yeah. That happened, too.

I just hope the cold/sinus infection and all of its lovely side effects leave me....and soon. I think I've been given a glimpse of what it is like to be a man.

And it is very, very bad.

1 comment: