Monday, December 12, 2011

Thoughts On a Great Photographer (And the Snag of Lifetime)

I have been looking for a photographer since we moved to Oklahoma.  I just think it's important to have someone in your back pocket to call when you realize "it's time" to get some family pictures taken.  You know, when you look at your last family photo and realize that your 6-year-old is wearing a diaper and you lived in the town you lived in  ~gulps~ two states ago????????????????  Yeah, I'm not a real "regular" on the whole family photo thing, but I do reach a point of "I HAVE HAD IT - LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!"  So, when we moved to Oklahoma, I started using goo.gle to find me a photographer.  ------record comes to a screeching halt------

Is this it?!  Is this all there is to choose from?  Why does everyone look like they are "posed"? Why doesn't that picture say Ol.an Mi.lls in the corner? 'Cause that's where it looks like it's from.  *cue sad face*

Then, I got it. The reference. You know, the I'm Gonna Complain to Everyone I Know Until Someone Comes Up With a Person of a Friend of a Friend Who Takes Awesome Pictures Plan. Or the IGCEIKUSCUWPFFWTAPP.  Whichever you like to call it.  It came this weekend. My neighbor, MB, after hearing me go on and on about needing maternity pics and newborn, three, six, nine, and twelve month pics of the twins as well as a great family photo when the babies are about six or nine months old suggested I look up Beth Jansen.  Of Beth Jansen Photography.  *cue choir singing*

Isn't her work fabulous? I actually used the word fabulous and I HATE that word.  But isn't it divine? (Another word I hate!)

I contacted her and we are set. Maternity pictures are slated for the end of February.  I can almost see them now...

3 comments:

  1. What an amazing portfoilo. Thanks for posting this, I may be using her myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I lived in OK so I could use her, too! Those infant pics are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all those twin pics! What a great find!

    ReplyDelete