Thursday, March 3, 2011

I Am Still Alive

After not posting for over a week, I want to let you all know that I am alive and well. I was a terrible ICLWer and am so ashamed of my shoddy performance when it came to commenting and responding back to my commentors blogs. *hangs head in shame*

I went back east this past Saturday through Tuesday and lent some support to my friend whose dad is dying. He is still hanging on and is getting moved to Hospice tomorrow. For his sake, I pray he goes quickly. The man has fought hard for two years. He deserves some peace.  The whole trip has left me feeling a little disconnected from my IVF cycle. I am still trucking through my Lupron and my Lupron induced AF showed on Sunday (Yikes! Holy bleed-a-thon!) but I feel so distracted at this point in the game, I find myself thinking about cancer and caskets instead of nursery colors and baby names. Talk about a 180, huh?

Yesterday, I had my suppression check and everything is great. My lining was thin (really doc, I've been bleeding like a stuck hog for days, I kinda knew that already), ovaries are looking good with no cysts, and my estrogen is 38 (anything below 50 is good). I am officially suppressed. Which means only one thing:

Follistim and Menopur, here I come!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. YAY STIMS! I missed you! :) Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have you back, We missed ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, what support you are for your friend, and I hope he moves on quickly and peacfully.

    It's definitely a strange place to be, birth, death, illness and IVF co-mingled. It sounds like you were focused on your friend, and aside of the obvious advantage, being there for her, I'm sure it took you outside of yourself and gave you a break from IVF infatuation (we all know how anything outside of TTC ceases to exist during a monitored cycle!). And it looks like you're in good shape for this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news about starting stims!!!
    Sometimes we do need a little break from anything IF related, and I agree with the post above (and from my own experience) everything outside of TTC ceases to exist during an IVF cycle. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back!!

    2 weeks until the embie/s transfer! Gosh... Bet your so excited! Glad everything is looking well in there. Roll on 2 weeks!!

    ReplyDelete